CNG Vehicle Fuel System Inspector Training
AFV Educate has an extensive suite of training for automotive technicians focusing on alternative fuels, including this course, CNG Vehicle Fuel System Inspector Training.
Fleets continue to adopt CNG as a fuel for their light, medium, and heavy-duty vehicles. Training for technicians to maintain these trucks is becoming an important part of the automotive repair arena, and making sure their fueling systems have been properly inspected is an important aspect of this maintenance.
This course will address the needs of technicians on understanding how CNG fueling systems need to be inspected every 36,000 miles or 3 years, whichever comes first per the NFPA 52 code. This course will also help prepare the technician to take the CSA Fuel System Inspector certification exam. (Exam not included in the cost of this course.)
After completing this course, the participants will be able to:
- Explain the properties and flammability of natural gas
- Summarize the different types of CNG fuel tanks
- Understand the need for the inspection process
- Categorize the different types of CNG vehicle configurations
- Describe how a pressure relief device works and why it is important
- Outline CNG fuel tank inspection procedures
- List procedures for fueling and refueling CNG systems
- Categorize different failure scenarios for CNG fuel delivery systems
Note: This course assumes that the technician has a working knowledge of CNG vehicle technologies as a prerequisite.
For more information on how to bring this training to you and your team, contact us here at AFV Educate.