Firefighter Gaseous Fuel Vehicle Safety Training
A fast-growing segment of the transportation market, especially in fleets, is gaseous fuel vehicles. Gaseous fuels include compressed natural gas (CNG), liquefied natural gas (LNG), and propane autogas (LPG). These different fuels and their distinct differences can be confusing to firefighters, and this course will educate on the different fuels, how they work in light, medium, and heavy-duty vehicles, and the emergency response needed for each.
Each gaseous fuel has its own requirements in fueling, storage, flammability, and fire suppression based on its configuration and properties, and needs to be addressed based on those unique parameters. This course will address the needs of firefighters on understanding how the vehicles operate, their key components, their fueling system, and how to correctly identify them at the scene of an accident.
Taught by a firefighter instructor, the participants will be able to:
- Understand the different gaseous fuels, including CNG, LNG, and LPG
- Summarize how gaseous fueled vehicles operate
- Describe the different types of gaseous fueled vehicles
- Outline gaseous fueled vehicle safety systems
- Categorize gaseous fueled fueling stations and their safety systems
- Understand gaseous fueled vehicle identification techniques
- List procedures for disabling and immobilizing gaseous fueled vehicles
- Illustrate firefighter personal protective equipment for gaseous fueled vehicle response
- Outline extrication procedures for gaseous fueled vehicles
- Understand fire response and gaseous fueled vehicles
For more information on how to bring this training to you and your team, contact us here at AFV Educate.