Tow Truck Operator Alternative Fuel Vehicle Safety Training
Even though tow operators are not at the front line of emergency response, they play a key role in handling vehicles involved in an incident. Alternative fuel vehicles are no more dangerous than a conventionally fueled vehicle, just different. This difference requires knowledge and training on the unique procedure to follow when dealing with new technology vehicles.
This course, Tow Truck Operator Alternative Fuel Vehicle Training, will allow the tow operator to:
- Understand the different types of alternative fuel vehicles that are on our roadways
- Describe the various fuels that these vehicles can operate under, including electric, propane, CNG, LNG, biodiesel, ethanol, and hydrogen
- Know required towing procedures for different AFV segments
- Summarize how to identify an alternative fuel vehicle
- Outline the proper procedure for storing each type of AFV
- List procedures for disabling and immobilizing alternative fuel vehicles
- Understand AFVs and fire
- Categorize unique procedures needed when doing roadside assistance for AFVs
For more information on how to bring this training to you and your team, contact us here at AFV Educate.